• Scuba BME
    Scuba BME
    September 14, 2018 at 5:08 pm #184

Hi,

I am interested in trying out the software and have a macbook. However, I don’t have the ZOOM TAC-8 hardware noted in the quick start guide provided here on the GitHub site (GitHub-OSP_Installation_procedure). Is it possible to use apple headphones and work with the system? The ear machine app for iPhones made this option available to users and that hardware/software was used in research studies. No additional costs (beyond the iPhone) were required for someone to use the system. Will the UCSD platform offer similar easy-access to potential users?

Thanks!

Scuba BME
    Scuba BME
    September 28, 2018 at 5:26 pm #193

The forum seems to be very quiet. Is anyone actually using this system, outside of the developers at UCSD?

Scuba BME
    Scuba BME
    September 28, 2018 at 5:58 pm #194

The quick start instructions provided here:
    https://github.com/nihospr01/OpenSpeechPlatform-UCSD#osp-installation

discuss using headphones and the built in microphone, but only briefly. Then the instructions move onto the zoom-tac-8 interface. The document states that hardware should be set up 18ch 32bit integer. No sampling values are provided for those of us wanting to use the built in microphone. The closest I can get with the built in microphone option is 2ch 24 bit integer. I can also select 1ch 16-bit integer.

How should the built in audio devices be configured? My guess is that the speakers should follow the microphone, but the instructions don’t provide details on sampling for the built in hardware.

Thanks!

Scuba BME
    Scuba BME
    September 28, 2018 at 5:58 pm #195

The quick start instructions provided here:
    https://github.com/nihospr01/OpenSpeechPlatform-UCSD#osp-installation

discuss using headphones and the built in microphone, but only briefly. Then the instructions move onto the zoom-tac-8 interface. The document states that hardware should be set up 18ch 32bit integer. No sampling values are provided for those of us wanting to use the built in microphone. The closest I can get with the built in microphone option is 2ch 24 bit integer. I can also select 1ch 16-bit integer.

How should the built in audio devices be configured? My guess is that the speakers should follow the microphone, but the instructions don’t provide details on sampling for the built in hardware.

Thanks!

hgarudadri
    hgarudadri
    September 29, 2018 at 1:00 am #196

Hi Scuba BME,

1. 1. You need to select 24bit.
    2. 2. You can choose either 48kHz or 96 kHz option, depending on your MacBook capabilities
    3. 3. The OSP options for setting internal sampling frequency are -F0 for 48 and -F1 for 96 kHz.
    4. 4. Here is a command you can try osp -F1 -a -r -d -10 -M1

In the above command, -d -10 sets 10 dB attenuation. You can try other values, like 0, but I would not go higher than that. This is good for testing the system or if you are interested in only developing the signal processing functions. For hearing aids research, you will need Ear level assemblies with calibrated acoustic path.

Thanks, hari.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by hgarudadri hgarudadri.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search